Dear all, let me introduce Andreea Radut, one of Romania’s leading travel photographers and Instagrammers. Her Instagram ID is full of vibrant snaps which can inspire anyone to travel the world. Her website is replete with beautiful travelogues.
1) Dear Andreea can you please describe yourself in few words ?
I am a positive person who always likes to explore new places and new cultures, passionate about traveling and photography.
2) So far which is the best destination you have covered and why ? Do you have any particular reason ?
Hmm, this is a tricky question because I appreciate every place I visit, so it’s hard to choose only one. However, I think I will say Jordan – Petra. While being there, it felt like out of this world, never seen anything more spectacular than Petra until now.
3) Since how long you have been doing photography and why you picked up travel photography over other genres of photography ?
Actually, travel photography chose me. It all started 9 years ago when I first visited Greece and I fell in love with all the landscapes I was seeing there. I remember at that time I had a small compact Sony camera and took some sunset photos at first, captured the sea and the mountains and I realized it meant something for me. So next year I bought a new camera, a Canon this time, and went again to Greece wanting to take even more better pictures. Why travel photography over other genre? Because I like sharing with the world the places that I visit and maybe encourage them to do the same.
4) What do you like the most while doing photography in gorgeous locations ?
I love wandering around and talking with the locals. Getting to know the people always helps me learn new things.
5) Who is your favorite photographer in the world ?
I don’t think I have a favorite photographer. That’s because I truly believe each photographer is special and has its own vision. We are all artists in our own ways.
6) Do you think travel photography has impacted your life ?
For sure, it made me more courageous, more open-minded and somehow even more spiritual.
7) I am bit of curious. What kind of equipment do you use to capture those gorgeous snaps ?
At this point, I own a mirrorless camera: Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II. For lenses I use a fixed 45 mm f/1.8 which is very sharp and creates a wonderful blurry background and I also use a zoom 12-40 mm f/2.8 when I need a wider angle.
8) What is your dream destination ? Only one
My dream destination is Bali, Indonesia. I want to explore more of Asia and hopefully my dream will be able to materialize after this lock-down.
9) Can you please tell us about the destinations you were supposed to explore before the lock-down ?
Sure. I was supposed to go to Malaga, Spain to visit a friend of mine at the end of March, but the flight got cancelled. Other destinations that I had in mind for this year besides Bali, was Egypt for the pyramids and Cappadocia – Turkey to fly with a hot air balloon.
10) Finally any general idea/quotation you would like to share with us ? It could be anything. Life, photography or travel ?
Traveling is good for our souls, it helps us grow and become who we’re supposed to become. And another thing, anyone can do it. If I can do it, you can do it too. I am saying this because I travel on a budget, I have a regular job and I save money months before any destination I want to visit. It’s about priorities, so make whatever brings you happiness a priority. It matters a lot.